The location of this resort is spectacular–between mountain and ocean, and at the tip of Cabo San Lucas, on the Pacific side. Waldorf Astoria took over this property in 2019, and has only made it better. Here’s my hotel highlights review from my three night stay at Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal-
I stayed in the Estrella Suite for 3 nights in Nov 2020, and I think it’s one of the best suites in all of Cabo. You get a view of both the mountains and the ocean, and you can hear the waves from any place. It has two outdoor terraces, one perfect for sunrise and the other for sunset. Maybe the best feature is the firepit IN your plunge pool.
NOTE: I did not receive any compensation from the hotel, and I paid for my stay. The opinions expressed here are my own.
Dramatic entrance through the mountain tunnel (which has wrought-iron chandeliers!) to arrive at resort which is right on the ocean.
- Mexican hacienda-style aesthetic with a touch of modern, with rooms, suites and beachfront options.
- Completely enclosed private dining room with demonstration kitchen done in old Hacienda style, used for private events, private dining with chef cooking, but also for onsite cooking lessons and tequila tastings (those were closed for Covid).
- Rooms are spacious! Even entry level rooms are almost 900 sq feet and have a very generously sized plunge pool and a gas fireplace, and come with a complimentary bottle of reposada tequila and comp non-alcoholic drinks in minibar. Binoculars in rooms for spotting whales, a nice touch.
- There are beachfront suite options, cannot get closer to ocean. Literally opens to the sand.
- The Estrella Suite is a 1-bedroom suite with king bedroom, double vanity bathroom, two closets, full living room with fireplace and desk and dining space, with two outdoor terraces, one terrace has a firepit within the heated plunge pool. Fabulous views of both sunrise and sunset, can see and hear the waves from anywhere in the suite. Can see both mountain and ocean from this suite. Was my favorite suite of all places I stayed!
- Large infinity pool with swim up bar, an infinity “family” pool and a very large nicely landscaped kids pool. Comp poolside treats such as mini-margaritas and ice cream and popsicles were great. Service at pools was always good. Lots of comfy places to sit around the main pool.
- WA Spa with an outdoor spa pool with fountains, and treatments that are influenced by Mexican culture. The best-priced spa treatments of any of the hotels I stayed at. My Baja Flavors body exfoliation and massage was excellent. Osea products.
- From 4-6pm every day, they deliver fresh guac, chips and salsa and a bucket of Coronas to your room, great perk!
- Personal concierge for each room, ours was terrific and always stayed in contact via text.
- Departure gift of nicely wrapped cookies in shape of a turtle.
- Best spot for whale watching! Saw whales multiple times, even though very early in the season.
- You can easily walk to the marina or into the town of Cabo San Lucas from the resort.
- Dinner at the stunning cliffside El Farollon is a must….if you were any closer to the ocean you would be literally sitting in it. But beware the tides-it’s very possible you will get wet from crashing waves! Champagne Bar was closed due to Covid.
- Possible nitpick: The shower in the rooms and suites has no door/divider or anything, its completely open, which some people may find off-putting.
- Nice stretch of beach, just not swimmable due to strong currents and undertow.
Through our Virtuoso affiliation, our clients receive these exclusive perks at Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal:
For 2020 & 2021:
-Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
-Breakfast buffet daily in Don Manuel’s for two guests per bedroom
-$150 USD equivalent Hotel or Resort credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
-Complimentary VIP airport Lounge Tickets with all Beach Front Suite Bookings
-Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability
*SPECIAL VALUE OFFER: ESCAPE LONGER TO PARADISE*
Valid for Travel Now Through 17 Dec 2021. Book By 17 Dec 2021
Stay 7 days or longer and get 30% off your rate
- Complimentary Champagne and Salt tasting experience at The Champagne Terrace at El Farallon.
- Roundtrip luxury airport transfers for San Jose de Cabo Airport (SJD)
- Complimentary Private Chef One Night Per Week (excludes alcohol)
- 20% off treatments and purchases at Waldorf Astoria Spa
- 20% off Food & Beverage
- Complimentary daily access to the kids’ club for 2 children
- Complimentary Butler Service
- Free Clothing pressing
- Reliable high-speed wi-fi
- Technical computer support for remote working/learning
- Designated learning room
Terms and Conditions; subject to availability, some blackout date apply (including holiday time periods), applicable on multi-bedroom suites, villas and homes.
Contact us today to reserve your stay!